Ted.com - Ted.com features talks from dynamos the world over on a seemingly endless amount of topics. You can see entrepreneurs, forward-charging academics, and titans of industry discuss the cool things they are up to and ideas they're working on. The videos range from 3 minutes to an hour+, and most are accompanied with powerpoint slides, providing stimulating visuals to keep you on your toes. One of my favorite websites by far, if only I had time to watch them all.
AcademicEarth.org - Academic Earth features lectures from college professors at some of the best schools on the planet, again on wide variety of topics. These are much more, erm, "academic" I would say, but a great way to explore new topics with the depth and rigor of an academic.
GFlash- In my opinion, flash cards are one of the best ways to gain and retain new knowledge, but they're a hassle to create and carry around. GFlash is an application for the iPhone that makes it easy to create flashcards. I put all the new Vietnamese words I learn in my lessons into a google spreadsheet, and GFlash creates flashcards for you. After each flashcard, you tap a check or an "x", and GFlash remembers which ones you got right and which you got wrong. After going through them, it repeats the process with the ones you missed, with a few you got right thrown in for good measure. Best of all, you can download other flashcard sets that other people have created. For example, I'm also learning morse code (kinda) and the names of the bones in the human body.
Wikipedia - you don't need me to tell you this, but a universe of knowledge is at your fingertips!
Obviously, this is just a few of the many resources available. How do you keep learning? What's missing from here?
No comments:
Post a Comment