- Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
- Losing My Virginity by Richard Branson
- The Fabric of the Cosmos by Brian Greene
- SuperFreakonomics by Daniel Levitt
- Brokedown Palace by Steven Brust
- Sutree by Cormac McCarthy
- Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino
- The Savage Detectives by Roberto Bolano
- The Official C.I.A. Manual of Trickery and Deception
- A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again by David Foster Wallace
- Lincoln by Gore Vidal
- The River of Doubt: Teddy Roosevelt's Darkest Journey by Candice Millard
- Eating the Dinosaur by Chuck Klosterman
Beyond books, here are the other "essentials" I brought back to Vietnam:
- Mini remote controlled helicopter from Brookstone
- Football, flag football belts and cones
- Rock climbing shoes (plus chalk bag), a new pair of Topsiders, and some tennis shoes
- New backpack from REI (awesome pack and got it at their used sale for 30% of the original price)
- Frisbee with lights on it (for night use)
- 1 Terabyte External Hard Drive
- Kodak zi8 video camera (I call it a "Flip" because the name's so terrible)
- Digital camera
- Gorilla tripod (bendable tripod legs! i can hitch my video camera to my motorbike now, etc.)
- Apples to Apples (all-time favorite party game)
- New blue jeans, my winter jacket
Oh yeah, I almost forgot: two giant bags filled with Zaxby's sauce. Mmmmmm.....
No comments:
Post a Comment