Sunday, January 25, 2009

Blindfolded Muay Thai Boxing - Video from Thailand

Below is a video I captured in Chiang Mai Thailand in the middle of a Muay Thai Boxing match- its hilarious! There were 9 bouts that night, and after the fifth bout a "special" fight was held. Three boxers were blindfolded and let loose, with histerical results. I literally couldn't stop laughing, and watched the video on my camera that night until the batteries went out.

Its only a short clip, but you can witness the referee (in all black) getting drilled and knocked down twice! The blindfolded fighters couldn't tell who was who, and so anytime they sensed someone around them they started swinging. The poor ref, who was the only one not blindfolded, was nailed several times. One time he drop kicked one of the fighters who was coming at him, which isn't included in the clip. It seemed a little unfair, since he was the only one who could see, but hey, you gotta look out for yourself.

In the clip below, watch for the ref getting drilled twice, and also check out the "Donkey Kong" punches thrown by one of the fighters. I'm not sure what my strategy would be if I were in a blindfolded fight, but I do know that I'd be sure to step lightly and use the element of surprise as a weapon. 

Enjoy the video, I'd recommend watching it two or three times to be sure you catch both ref knockdowns. Cheers!





1 comment:

  1. thats hilarious, sounds like your having a good time over there man.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails